The Toxic Round-Up Collection Days have been set for our region. Here in Union County, the date set is Saturday, March 2, 2019. On this Saturday, from 9:00am – 3:00pm, Union County residents can bring their hazardous waste to the Union County Solid Waste Department to ensure of it’s proper disposal. This helps in preventing such waste from ending up in the landfill. This service is FREE to residents, and is also offered to small businesses for a small fee. Businesses can call the Hazardous Waste Collection Collection Center at (352) 334-0440 fro pricing.
The Union County Solid Waste Department will be collecting the following household hazardous wastes at their building located at 15285 SW 84th Street, Lake Butler (near RMC West Unit off SR 121):
• fertilizers • gasoline/fuels • corrosives • paints/paint thinners
• fluorescent lamps • propane tanks • radiator fluid • electronics
• medications • used oil/lubricants • tvs/computers • aerosol cans
• solvents • batteries (all types) • used cooking oil • insecticides
• household cleaners • pesticides